These delicious golden brown fluffy blueberry pancakes are good enough for breakfast, brunch or dinner! I promise your family will not complain about having these timeless pancakes any time of the day. Serve with a small side herb salad and dinner is served. This recipe serves 2 (4-6 pancakes)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup flour or Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Salt Merchants blueberry sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Salt Merchants Cyprus salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1+ cup fresh blueberries
- more butter for the pan
- Mix the milk and vinegar and let it sit for a minute or two (you’re making “buttermilk” here).
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Melt a little smear of butter in the pan (essential for giving it golden brown crust).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the hot skillet and spread it flat-like (it will be pretty thick). Arrange a few blueberries on top. Cook until you see little bubbles on top and the edges starting to firm up. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are sky-high fluffy and cooked through.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or plain.
Texture: For thick pancakes, use 3/4 cup milk as directed. For lighter, slightly less fluffy pancakes, use 1 cup milk
Toppings: Mix creme fraiche with blueberries, or ricotta cheese with blueberries or just a mix of berries.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum